The good news continues
- Slovakia passes the Lisbon treaty
- March HICP (due on Wednesday) should confirm that Slovakia meets the nominal Maastricht inflation criterion with a big buffer
- The 12-month rolling trade deficit now stands at -0.6% of GDP……the full-year 2008 trade balance could reach a surplus worth 0.2% of GDP !!!
- Retail sales surprised again coming in at 16.6% YoY
- The probability for 2008 Eurobond issuance decreased
- As expected, the government passed updated fiscal targets for 2008-2011
February industrial production accelerated to 11.5% YoY